Capacity: from 20 to 100 students – Ideal at any time of the year
At only one and half hour’s drive from Buenos Aires, San Antonio de Areco is a land of character, where men live in harmony with their horses, their cattle, the sky and the earth… Come and discover the history and rural life of the most beautiful and authentic village of the Pampas!
Areco Tradición, the only official travel agency in San Antonio de Areco, aims to create and organize school trips with educational and cultural content. Thanks to our team of local and English-speaking guides, we are able to offer you an authentic experience in the Gauchos’ territory.
Our One-Day program in Areco & Estancia
10 am | Your group will be welcomed at San Antonio de Areco by our local guides, who specialize in educational content. They will introduce you to the history of the town and we will visit, among other things, the main square Arellano, the church San Antonio de Padua, the museum La Usina Vieja and the ancient pulperías.
Option: At the conclusion of the tour to the old town, we can visit the chocolate factory La Olla de Cobre, a traditional chocolate factory where you can taste the very Argentine treats; alfajores and chocolates filled with dulce de leche.
12 noon | We will head towards an exclusive Estancia (working ranch) to share a delicious lunch. On the menu, the famous Argentinian asado (array of grilled meats) accompanied by salads and followed by dessert & coffee. Various activities will be offered: horseback riding or carriage, swimming pools…
3 pm | After lunch, your group will have the chance to view and participate in a demonstration of traditional Argentine folkloric dance and watch the impressive destrezas gauchas (Gaucho skills demonstration).
5 pm | End of the program and return to Buenos Aires.
Note: This program is a proposal and can be adapted to the specific needs of your group.
Also, if you would like us to organize your transportation to and from Buenos Aires, be sure to let us know.
- - Overnight stay at an Estancia
- - Horseback riding in the Pampas
- - Demonstration of Pato (typical gaucho game, and Argentine national sport!)
- - Spanish lessons
Our educational objectives
- - Encourage students’ curiosity by introducing them to a different culture
- - To share geographic, historic and social information specific to Argentina
- - To promote social and cultural exchange between cultures
- - Raise awareness of the importance of preserving the environment
- - Preserve and respect the collective identity and regional cultures of Argentina
- - Create a sense of community among the group, based on respect and freedom
- - Practice Spanish and promote interaction with locals