A truly exciting experience to discover during your stay in San Antonio de Areco!
“Rawhide” is an untanned leather that retains its natural beige color, which the craftsmen of San Antonio de Areco have used for many generations to make intricate objects of all types, often related to the gauchos’ life.
After telling you about the origin and history of Argentine leather braiding, as well as his personal trajectory as a soguero, Carlos will teach you the cutting and braiding techniques of this unique craftsmanship!
It's your turn!
During this workshop, you will cut, stitch and braid rawhide using your own creativity.
A belt, a bracelet, a keychain or even a collar for your dog or a strap for your horse… it’s up to you to choose your creation!
You will learn how to make, step by step and with your own hands, a unique and elegant object that you can take home.
- - Small groups of 2 to 7 people maximum
- - Workshop dictated in Spanish with the possibility of booking a bilingual Spanish-English translator
- - Included: the materials and tools needed to make the leather piece, as well as a snack with drinks (bottle of water, coffee, tea, mate).
- - Price: USD 60 per person
- - Discount for children under 12 years old
- - Duration: 3 hours
- - Times and date: to be defined at the time of booking
- - Location: San Antonio de Areco